Temp to Perm
$25.00 - $28.00
As an Industrial Millwright with PeopleReady Skilled Trades, you’ll support a large industrial plant in Byhalia, MS. In this long-term, temp-to-hire role, you’ll earn $25-$28 an hour, enjoy weekly pay, health insurance benefits, and a flexible work schedule.
Whether you’re new to the trades or a seasoned pro, come take charge of your career with PeopleReady Skilled Trades. Interested? Apply today!
- Millwrights and industrial mechanics install, maintain, troubleshoot, overhaul and repair stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and tractors to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
Qualifications & Experience
- - Must have a complete set of hand tools to handle required jobs at Rockwool
- - High School diploma or equivalent
- - Minimum of 3 years of industrial experience
- - Practical experience in industrial manufacturing maintenance environments
- - Must have good welding and burning skills (MIG at a minimum)
- - Computer literate
- - Have a good command of the English language
- - Good people and communication skills
- - Good troubleshooting skills
- - Work closely with the Maintenance Electrician (and contractors as needed)
- - Drive, commitment, positive attitude and high energy
- - Must be a self-starter
- - Must be able to communicate well with all departments
- - The following must be able to be performed with effective results and without personal injury:
- - The ability to lift 60 pounds
- - The ability to lift to 120 pounds with another person (team)
- - The ability to use sharp objects in a safe manner
- - Ability to wear protective + safety equipment
- - Must be able to work in high temperatures, in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit for several hours during the day, as applicable.
- - The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. The job is physically demanding at times. It does require good manual dexterity, good eyesight and good mobility. The position requires a high level of concentration
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.