North Charleston, South Carolina
Temp to Perm
$24.00 - $30.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is seeking experienced 6G Welders for projects throughout the Charleston Area. The contractors we work with are seeking individuals with unique skills that can help deliver on the high end work they promise to their customers.
- You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Benefits of Working For PeopleReady Skilled Trades
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and sick time.
- Work with a team that is motivated to keep you busy.
- PeopleReady Skilled trades offers weekly pay and flexible schedule working on a variety of projects in a large network of contractors..
- Opportunity to go thru OSHA 10 training if you don't have it already.
- We offer referral bonuses where you can make up to $500 referring a journey level tradesperson.
- You can earn up to $1500 extra in our Respect the Craft program based on working hours for us.
Qualifications & Experience
- -The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail
- -Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential
- -Proven experience as a 6G welder
- -Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- -Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- -Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- -Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- -Deftness and attention to detail
- -Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
- -Professional Certification 6G is a must
Other Jobs in Your Area
Hollow metal door installerNorth Charleston, South Carolina
Low Voltage ElectricianNorth Charleston, South Carolina
Low Voltage Electrician- Alarm TechnicianNORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina
Commercial CarpenterNorth Charleston, South Carolina
6G WelderNorth Charleston, South Carolina
HVAC-Sheet Metal MechanicNorth Charleston, South Carolina
Commercial PlumberNorth Charleston, South Carolina
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.