Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities of the job
Answering and directing phone calls to relevant staff.
Scheduling meetings and appointments.
Taking notes and minutes in meetings.
Ordering and taking stock of office supplies.
Being a point of contact for a range of staff.
- Overseeing clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail
- Keeping an inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed
- Maintaining files
- Welcoming visitors to your office
- Answering phone calls
- Taking and delivering messages
- Ensuring the office runs smoothly
- Scheduling meetings and sending meeting invites to attendees
Qualifications & Experience
- Office Assistant skills and qualifications
- Office Assistants are exceptional multitaskers, and since they’re responsible for coordinating other people’s schedules, they must be incredibly well organized. Office Assistants will also need basic skills with commonly used computer software to do things like send emails, manage calendars and order supplies. Other important skills and qualifications for these professionals include:
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize new tasks as they come in
- Interpersonal communication
- Time management
- Customer service
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.