$21.00 - $25.00
A consistent CARPENTERS EXTRA SET OF HANDS. That’s what we’re looking for. If this is you – or anyone you may know – PeopleReady Skilled Trades is currently seeking an Apprentice Carpenter for work in Portland and All Surrounding areas. REAL EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED: Skills would include core knowledge of construction language, experience with power tools, framing, concrete forming, demolition, materials staging, and debris removal. If this sounds like your jam… we’ve got the perfect job for YOU!
- Safety First - Your safety is always our number one priority. Knowledge of construction safety is a must.
- Building and remodeling of commercial construction experience. 3 years minimum.
- Carpenters right hand person. Able to work along side journey level carpenter and assist with framing, cutting, installing, and repairing.
- Not afraid of a broom - Not above helping with all site organization, staging and CLEAN UP.
- Good with instruction and working independently, execute work efficiently.
- Accurately measure and perform layout plans/specs.
- Not afraid to ask questions in order to complete tasks properly.
- Flexible - go where needed on site.
- Communicates well - it's key to the success of the site.
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn Federal, State and Local Construction laws and regs.
- Math - know your math skills. You'll be using them every day.
- Must be able to pass any additional screenings required by the customer.
Full PPE will be provided to you by PST.
WORK BOOTS & MASKS are REQUIRED - no exceptions. It is your responsibility to come to work each day prepared for that.
Great if you have OSHA 10 card. If not, ask us how we can help you get that.
Apprentice Carpenter Tools a MUST - we will supply you with a list of proper tools that are required for the job.
Ask us about our awesome BENEFITS: Medical, Dental. Sick Time
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be 18 years of age with a valid ID. DEPENDABLE - we need you to be at work. A PROBLEM SOLVER - attention to detail - Find solutions. EXPERIENCE in Construction and Carpenters Assistant is a MUST. Knowledge of construction power tools and best safety practices for those tools. RELIABLE transportation to get you to work everyday. TEAM PLAYER - there is no "I" in team. Understand the importance of ON TIME PERFORMANCE - that means getting to work on time and completing tasks in a timely manner. Ready to WORK HARD - construction is not for the faint of heart, prepare to get your hands dirty.
Other Jobs in Your Area
MIG WelderPORTLAND, Oregon
Journeyman Plumber- Oregon LicensedPORTLAND, Oregon
JOURNEYMAN CARPENTER – CommercialPORTLAND, Oregon
Apprentice Carpenter – CARPENTERS EXTRA HANDSPORTLAND, Oregon
Workforce Development Carpenter Helper ClassPORTLAND, Oregon
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.