Apprentice / Helper ElectricianSherman, Texas
Temp to Perm
$16.00 - $
Looking for a new and exciting career in the electrical field? Become an apprentice electrician with us! No prior experienced required. We will provide the training opportunity you need to jumpstart your career. As an apprentice electrician, you will be working alongside experienced professionals, learning hands-on skills and techniques that are essential to success in the industry. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, gaining valuable experience every step of the way. In addition to on-the-job training, you will also be provided a range of instruction, introducing you to electrical theory, safety best practices, and industry standards. The apprenticeship opportunity is a fantastic way to launch your career and start building a better future for yourself and your family. With competitive wages, excellent benefits, and the opportunity for advancement, there has never been a better time to join our team. Apply today and take the first steps towards your exciting career as an apprentice electrician.
People Ready Skilled Trades is seeking experienced apprentice / helper electricians to work on installations, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors, and associated materials and equipment within the electrical construction industry. Will need tools or willing to obtain (see tool list below). Must have reliable transportation. Must be willing to complete a drug screen. Pay is $16/hour.
Assist electricians by performing tasks under the direct supervision of an electrician actually installing the work and handling the bulk of the materials. This employee should keep all materials, tools, and equipment in an orderly fashion and keep the work area clean at all times. An apprentice electrician demonstrates safe work habits and proper care of tools and equipment.
- Conduit bending
- Installing electrical equipment - switchgear, panels, and starters
- Pulling and terminating wire
- Installing light fixtures
- Installation of lighting controls
- Installation of all types of devices
- Troubleshoot many electrical systems
- Read and comprehend Safety Rules and Policies and MSDS sheets
Tool pout, nail bag, and belt
9" side cutters
3/16 straight blade screwdriver
5/16 straight blade screwdriver
Paid or 403 or larger channel lock pliers
Voltage tester with pouch
Allen wrench set
25' measuring tape
Needle nose pliers
3/81N Nut driver
1/41N Nut driver
5/161N Nut driver
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have transportation to work
- Able to work in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain, snow
- Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns)
- Employees must have required tools with them at all times (waist tool belt as worn weighs approximately 30 lbs.)
- Work from all type ladders (step ladders up to 14’, “A” frame ladders, and all size extension ladders) and relocate up to 12’ step ladder by one’s self
- Employee’s personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed the weight limit of a ladder (Class 1 – 250 lbs., Class 1A – 300 lbs.)
- Perform work at various heights and up to 90 ft. from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks, or other safe work areas
- Work in restricted areas (switchgear room, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics)
- Wear personal protective equipment (hard hats and safety glasses at all times) and a respirator when required
- Repetitive use of arms, hands, and fingers
- Able to work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, overtime as required, and night shifts
- Willing to apply for and maintain a State of Texas Electrical Apprentice License.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.