Temp to Perm
PeopleReady is looking for an Apprentice Welder to lend their highly sought-after skills to our client.
Why work for us? We offer competitive pay, benefits and incentives.
Referral Bonuses see below!
• $100 for a helper
• $250 for an apprentice
• $500 for a journey level
- Unloading and bringing materials to the jobsite
- Setting up welding leads and grounds
- Using one or more specific welding methods
- Studying blueprints or project specifications in addition to calculating the dimensions of the parts being welded
- Measuring and cutting weld material to desired lengths with a torch or electric saw
- Inspecting grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments
- Resolving required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Laying out, positioning, and securing parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
Qualifications & Experience
- Two years of experience in welding and certification in one or more welding processes – submerge arc/diametric certification preferred
- Knowledge with measurements and takeoffs for pipe/structure components
- Verifiable references to confirm your professional skills and experience
- Strong work ethic
- Able to focus on details at all times
- Able to lift 50 pounds in order to load and unload materials as well as carry needed tools to and from the jobsite
- Able to work in varying inside and/or outside temperatures, which may include heat (temperatures above 100 degrees) or cold (temperatures below 32 degrees), in addition to fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, etc.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus but not required
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.