Menlo Park, California
Temp to Perm
$43.62 - $
The Facilities & Operations Division is a service organization committed to the support and success of the Laboratory’s Scientific Mission by providing safe and responsive engineering, construction, operations and maintenance of equipment, buildings, and infrastructure.
The Transportation and Labor Pool Group within our Facilities & Operations Division is seeking an Automotive & Equipment Mechanic with background in Automotive & Equipment Mechanic.
· Identify, diagnose, and repair common defects in the mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems in a variety of vehicles and equipment.
· Drive a tow truck and tow vehicles and equipment.
· Perform maintenance operations such as pre-smog checks, changing tires, dispensing gasoline, cleaning vehicles, etc.
· Order parts and charge out parts appropriately. May maintain parts inventory.
· Maintain inventory records and other appropriate records.
· Complete work order documentation
· Handle, store and dispose of hazardous materials appropriately.
· Generators – Performs preventive maintenance, documents use hours, and reviews for leaks or other issues.
· Forklifts – Diagnosis problems, repairs identified problems, addresses any mechanical defects
· Vehicles – including automobiles and electric carts. Repairs and addresses preventive maintenance for routine issues. Repairs flat tires.
· Use of tools and equipment – uses a variety of hand and power tools to diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment.
· Mobile fuel tanks/Gas pumps – Performs pre-use inspections. Transports to needed locations and ensures fuel is present in tank or pump.
· Adhere to safety rules.
· Clean-up of Fleet Areas – including Waste Accumulation Areas. Including ensuring there are no leaks of hazardous materials, and all waste containers are properly labeled.
· Vehicle rotation – Drives vehicles to designated GSA location leaving old vehicles and picking up new.
· Transports vehicles to dealership for warranty or routine maintenance
Other Auto/Equipment Services:
· Collects Vehicle Mileage (Monthly)
· Fleet Vehicles
· Pool Vehicles
· Forklift hour meters
Qualifications & Experience
- • Must pass background
- • 5+ years exp.
- • Eligible to work in the USA
- • Pass 5 panel drug test
- • Great communication skills
- • Must have reliable transportation
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.