Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Temp to Perm
$14.00 - $16.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is currently hiring carpenter helpers for commercial, multi-family residential and industrial projects. Providing our clients with quality craftsmanship has given us the reputation as one of South Florida’s leading construction solutions team.
Do you love being engaged in many tasks in a versatile occupation? Are you passionate about the idea of building things with your own hands? PeopleReady Skilled Trades is currently hiring carpenter helpers for commercial, multi-family residential and industrial projects. Providing our clients with quality craftsmanship has given us the reputation as one of South Florida’s leading construction solutions team. You will help Journeyman Carpenters complete a variety of construction projects, which can include anything from crafting kitchen cabinets to building bridges.
For example, some carpenters:
Insulate office buildings
Install drywall or kitchen cabinets in homes
Install the wooden concrete forms for cement footings or pillars
Erect shoring and scaffolding for buildings.
You will use many different tools to cut and craft wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall. Carpenters commonly use hand tools, including squares, levels, and chisels, as well as many power tools, such as sanders, circular saws, nail guns, and welding machines. Carpenters fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and adhesives, and will do a final check to ensure accuracy. They use a tape measure on nearly every project because proper measuring reduces waste and ensures that the pieces being cut are the proper size.
- Metal and wood framing and roof truss components
- Cutting materials using different tools without errors
- Reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Placing and securing wood during the building process
- Being confident in framing, measuring, trim work, and finishing work
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of one year of experience in residential or commercial carpentry preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, bend, and kneel. Tools of trade and the ability to bring them onsite.
- References to verify your professional skills and experience.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.