You will use many different tools to cut and craft wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall. Carpenters commonly use hand tools, including squares, levels, and chisels, as well as many power tools, such as sanders, circular saws, nail guns, and welding machines. Carpenters fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and adhesives, and do a final check to ensure accuracy. They use a tape measure on nearly every project because proper measuring reduces waste and ensures that the pieces being cut are the proper size.
Insulate office buildings
Install drywall or kitchen cabinets in homes
Install the wooden concrete forms for cement footings or pillars
Erect shoring and scaffolding for buildings
Construct, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood and wallboard.
Framing Carpenters: Install metal and wood framing and roof truss components, reading and understanding blue prints and schematics, using hand and electric tools to cut and fabricate and install frame work components
Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, finishing interior and exterior trim, and other wooden fixtures.
Shape and cut materials to specific measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks and props, using hand tools.
Qualifications & Experience
- Be able to provide previous carpentry experience and verifiable references.
- 5 years of finish and/or rough commercial carpentry experience
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- This job requires regular standing, bending and kneeling and lifting of up to 50 lbs without assistance.
- PeopleReady Skilled Trades is an E-Verify Employer
- Strong scheduling and blueprint reading skills as well as knowledge of metal stud/wood framing, material management, metal doors, hardware install, drywall, trim, cabinets/counter tops, suspended grid, tile install, etc.
- Reliable transportation to and from jobsites
- Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.