$26.00 - $28.00
This position is responsible for performing full maintenance and service on various types of air and water-cooled chillers. It is the primary responsibility of the chiller mechanic to make sure that our customer’s primary source of cooling remains in excellent working condition and should an issue arise, be able to tear down and repair as needed. In addition to the repair of chillers, this position will perform service on various sizes and brands of HVAC equipment.
- Possess skills and knowledge to complete required repairs and preventative maintenance on a variety of chiller brands up to 500 tons, cooling towers, pumps, motors, and HVAC systems
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Diagnose and repair HVAC systems in the surrounding Nashville area.
- Provide technical assistance and support to team members and mentor others when the opportunity arises.
- Conduct equipment evaluations and make recommendations as needed so operational improvements can be incorporated.
- Fully understands the refrigeration cycles to include: identifying components in advanced refrigeration circuits, understanding how each component works, diagnosing and correcting problems in the refrigeration circuit, using manifold gauge set, pressure/temperature chart, and temperature measuring devices for routine maintenance, and to troubleshoot. Understands refrigeration recovery, evacuation and charging, understands the installation and sizing of refrigerant piping.
- Fully understands and has mastered the heating cycle to include: identifying components in the heating system, understanding how each component works, diagnosing problems in the heating system using a gas pressure test and other devices for routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair. Fully understands and has mastered the theory of combustion and how it relates to combustible fuels such as gas and oil. Must be able to perform a combustion analysis on all combustible heating systems and analyze its results.
- Fully understands how electricity travels, AC and DC currents, single-phase and three-phase circuits, series, and parallel circuits. Ability to read advanced wiring diagrams. Knowledge of Ohms Law. Ability to use multi-meters to read voltage, current, and resistance values. Must be able to troubleshoot advanced electrical circuits.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner that represents the professionalism that Total Group requires.
- Communicate with dispatch in a timely manner to allow for efficient dispatching of calls. Keep accurate documentation as requested (i.e., timecards and service tickets)
- Technician must maintain a professional appearance at all times. Clean uniform (provided)
- Technician will be on time as scheduled per dispatch or normal working hours.
- Advanced navigation thru multiple building automation controls systems
- Work hours are 8:00 am-4:30 pm Monday- Friday.
Qualifications & Experience
- • Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- • High school diploma or equivalent.
- • Associates degree or HVAC trade school
- • Must possess 10 years of experience in HVAC repair, with 5 of those years servicing chillers up to 500 tons
- • Able to lift up to 65 lbs. occasionally
- • Must be EPA certified to handle refrigerant
- • Have and maintain a professional image
- • Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as required and work an on-call rotation
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Calm, organized, patient, diplomatic, and confident demeanor
- • Comfort in relating to all levels of management and diversity of personalities
- • Advanced attention to detail and accuracy in all work
- • Intermediate ability to prioritize own wide-ranging work load and work independently
Other Jobs in Your Area
Commercial PlumberNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Chiller Service and HVAC MechanicNashville, Tennessee
HVAC Sheet Metal InstallerNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Commercial Plumber HelperNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Fire Alarm TechnicianNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Commercial ElectricianNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Commercial Finish Trim CarpenterNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Residential Service TechnicianNashville, Tennessee
Refrigeration TechnicianNashville, Tennessee
Heavy Equipment Operator $24-$27NASHVILLE, Tennessee
Skilled LaborerNASHVILLE, Tennessee
Skilled Trades PositionsNASHVILLE, Tennessee
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.