Commercial Carpenters – Greensboro/Winston-Salem AreaGreensboro, North Carolina
Greensboro, North Carolina
$23.00 - $26.00
We are looking for a Journeyman Carpenters, both Finish/Trim Carpenters and Framers. Duties could include: Insulating office buildings, Installing drywall or cabinets in commercial buildings, Installing wooden concrete forms for cement footings or pillars, and erecting shoring and scaffolding for buildings as well has finish/trim works of all kinds, and general framing work.
We are seeking Carpenters who have their own hand tools, including squares, levels, and chisels, as well as many power tools, such as sanders, circular saws, nail guns, etc. Carpenters fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and adhesives, and do a final check to ensure accuracy. You will need a tape measure on nearly every project because proper measuring reduces waste and ensures that the pieces being cut are the proper size.
Projects include new construction and remodels or refurbishing.
• Competitive Wages and Weekly Pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Coverage through Market Place
• Standard Bonus Program – $$$ based on accumulate work hours
• Referral Bonus Program – $$$ earn for referring friends
- Working with metal and wood framing and roof truss components
- Using hand or electric tools to fabricate, cut, and install framework
- Reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Helping place and secure wood during the building process
- Being confident in framing, measuring, trim work, and finishing work
Qualifications & Experience
- - Five years of finish/rough commercial carpentry experience preferred
- - Strong scheduling and blueprint reading skills as well as knowledge of metal stud/wood framing, material management, metal doors, hardware install, drywall, trim, cabinets/counter tops, suspended grid, tile install, etc.
- - Reliable transportation to and from jobsites
- - Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- - OSHA 10 preferred – PeopleReady can direct you in obtaining your OSHA-10 if you do not already have it
- - Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.