Cary, North Carolina
$23.00 - $26.00
Could you envision a world without power? Would civilization be able to thrive in a society without those who are passionate about bringing power to the masses? PeopleReady is now hiring for experienced Journeyman Electricians to provide energy for our clients. Journeyman Electricians will install and repair electrical components on our commercial jobsites. Almost every building has an electrical power, communications, lighting, and control system that is installed during construction and maintained after that. The systems that power the lights, appliances, and equipment make people’s lives and jobs easier and more manageable.
After resolving where all the wires and components will go, electricians install and connect the wires to circuit breakers, transformers, outlets, or other components and systems, and then test their work using ammeters, ohmmeters, and voltmeters. Once all the tests are passed, you will make notes and records to ensure the integrity of the electrical systems that you helped implement.
• Competitive Wages and Weekly Pay
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Coverage through Market Place
• Standard Bonus Program – $$$ based on accumulate work hours
• Referral Bonus Program – $$$ earn for referring friends
- Measuring, cutting, and bending wire and conduit using measuring instruments and hand tools
- Maintaining tools and equipment and keeping parts and supplies in order
- Performing semiskilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment
- Following state and local building regulations based on the National Electrical Code
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum five years of experience on commercial or industrial construction sites
- In-depth knowledge of building codes and laws in your area
- Perform tests and use the results to diagnose problems – for example, when an outlet is not working, using a multimeter to check the voltage, amperage, or resistance to resolve the appropriate course of action
- Have all of the tools of your trade on hand and be able to bring them to your jobsite
- References that will verify your professional skills and experience
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.