Temp to Perm
$28.00 - $32.00
Local Projects for concrete finishers. You will be responsible for a wide range of duties that may change depending on the type of project you are working on. You will perform concrete finishing, all aspects of placing concrete, rodding concrete, running finish machines, hand tools for troweling, and mucking / placing concrete. Patching experience preferred. Works under the supervision of the foreman, but is able to perform without supervision on all tasks. Leads crew members according to supervisor directions.
- Placing forms that hold concrete to ensure the required depth and pitch is achieved
- Monitoring the effect heat, wind and cold have on curing concrete to ensure high-quality results
- Removing edges on expansion joints and sides
- Installing anchor bolts, steel plates and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete
- Polishing surfaces using smoothing materials, abrasive tools and surfacing machines
- Aligning forms for sidewalks, curbs and gutters
- Waterproofing, damp-proofing and restoring concrete surfaces
- Compacting materials using power vibrators to create leveled bases
- Finishing concrete surfaces with rough or smooth patterns depending on the customer's preference
- Signaling truck drivers and moving chutes to facilitate pouring concrete onto forms
- Casting and spreading concrete to patch voids
- Applying hardening and sealing compounds to cure the surface of concrete
- Supervising and training workers to help them use special tools to spread concrete
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years of concrete finishing with experience in commercial setting.
- Required to be exact, highly accurate, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to lead, guide, and direct other crew members.
- Ability to receive instructions and work effectively as a team.
- Ability to self-perform various tasks without supervision.
- Ability to identify and handle proper tools for specific functions.
- Ability to listen and follow directions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to pay attention to details in small areas.
- Ability to be responsible for the health and safety of others by working safely.
- Ability to adhere to strict quality control measures.
- Ability to read and understand a tape measure.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.