Batavia, New York
$20.00 - $25.00
A concrete laborer’s job description includes setting up the forms in which concrete is poured to create walkways, walls, pillars and other structures. They introduce rebar or wire mesh to reinforce the material, use trowels and other tools to spread and smooth concrete, and mold expansion joins and edges.
Position located in Batavia, NY – All applicants must be within driving distance to site.
- Creating Symons forms
- Building structures on site using wood or putting together metal frames that have been made elsewhere
- Dismantling casts without damaging them, so that they can be used again
- Measuring, cutting and shaping wood or metal
- Working closely with your team to pour concrete into molds
- Checking work for accuracy
- Producing concrete blocks of exactly the right shape and size for whatever needs building.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be located near the Batavia NY area - no per diem offered
- At least 6 months - 1 year in Commercial Construction specifically in concrete with working knowledge of Symonds
- Prior experience working as a Concrete Form apprentice are encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of reading blue prints
- Manage assigned tasks with associated timelines
- Must have reliable transportation
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.