Temp to Perm
$17.00 - $21.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is currently hiring experienced Concrete Setters and Finishers for our commercial, multi-family residential and industrial projects. Providing our clients with quality craftsmanship has given us the reputation as one of South Florida’s leading construction solutions team.
As a Concrete Setter and Finisher, you are often responsible for setting the concrete forms and ensuring they have the correct depth and pitch. You’ll place the concrete directly from the concrete wagon chute, concrete pump, concrete skip, or wheelbarrow and spread the concrete using shovels and rakes, sometimes using a straightedge back and forth across the top of the forms to “screed,” or level, the freshly placed concrete. After leveling the concrete, concrete finishers smooth the surface using either a hand trowel, a long-handled “bull float,” or powered floats. After the concrete has been leveled and floated, concrete finishers press an edger between the forms and the concrete to chamfer the edges so that they are less likely to chip. As a Concrete Setter, you will often be working as part of an exceptional team to lay wooden framework and craft a finished product that is up to the clients’ standards.
- Assisting in aligning forms, patching voids, and using saws to cut expansion joints
- Making decisions and solving problems
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution
- Assisting with mixing concrete, grout, and other concrete products by hand or mixing machine
- Operating various small machines, such as skid loaders and backhoes
- Assembling and dismantling various types of forms made of wood and metal
- Working from blueprints, drawings, or oral instructions to carry out tasks
- Using hand and power tools to smooth concrete and grout
Competitive pay rate up to $21 an hour.
Sign on bonus upon completion of 160 hours.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in the trade. Must be at least 18 years old. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to stand, bend, and kneel. Tools of trade and the ability to bring them onsite. References to verify your professional skills and experience.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Construction HelperDORAL, Florida
Bobcat OperatorDORAL, Florida
Front End Loader OperatorDORAL, Florida
Drywall Installer and FinisherDORAL, Florida
Concrete Setter and FinisherDORAL, Florida
Framing CarpenterDORAL, Florida
Form CarpenterDORAL, Florida
Carpenter ApprenticeDORAL, Florida
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.