FORT PIERCE, Florida
We are seeking Construction Estimators to join a well-established client on projects around Fort Pierce, FL.
Do you have 4 or more years in estimating large-scale projects?
This position will be responsible for reviewing Blueprints, Drawings, Proposals, Specifications, & related documents to provide project estimates for labor, Materials, & time requirements. You will be responsible for providing take-offs, cost estimates, organizing bid bonds, communicating with Internal managers & sub-trades to determine project financial needs. You will be providing bids on Federal, State, & Private Projects around the state. You will be joining an established team environment assisting project managers, division managers, design teams & Superintendents to ensure profitable projects, timelines, & schedules.
Apply Now for immediate consideration.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements, setting priorities.
- Prepare construction budget by studying plans, updating specifications, identifying, and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluate offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials, identifying qualified subcontractors, & negotiating prices.
- Maintain cost keys and price masters by updating information, resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintain continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Explores documentation to gain a deep understanding of the project requirements.
- Select, measure, and track important metrics.
- Visit sites, warehouses, and other venues necessary to do the estimating.
- Perform complex analysis of collected data.
- Prepare relevant and reliable forecasts.
- Conduct complex risk analysis activities.
- Create and present reports to upper management weekly.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key vendors.
- Collaborates with engineers, architects, etc. to determine the specifications of the projects
Qualifications & Experience
- - Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Science/Management, or related field.
- - Minimum of four (4) years working experience as a construction estimator.
- - Must be familiar with a variety of job costing codes used with the Federal Government.
- - In-depth knowledge of project management
- - Previous experience estimating Projects in the 1.0 million range or higher.
- - Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Proficient in the use of Pro-core or other types of construction software programs.
- - Familiarity with computer programs such as Timberline, HCSS HeavyBid, or McCormick Estimating Software, desirable.
- - Prior military experience preferred.
- - Travel is required.
- - OSHA 30-Hour Certification.
- - Hands-on experience with complex data research activities
- - Good understanding of data analysis methods and KPIs
- - Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- - Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- - Must be organized and able to manage all aspects of a construction project.
- - Critical-thinker and problem-solver.
- - Able to work with an established Project team.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.