$18.00 - $19.00
Laborers work at buildings, highways, and heavy construction sites; residential and commercial sites; tunnel and shaft excavations; and demolition sites. Many of the jobs they perform are demanding and require specialized training and experience. Other jobs require little skill and can be learned quickly. Although most Associates specialize in a type of construction, such as highway or tunnel construction, some are generalists who perform many different tasks during all stages of construction. To perform their jobs effectively,
Construction Laborers should be familiar with the duties of other skilled trades professionals and with the materials, tools, and machinery they use, as all of these workers are part of a team, jointly carrying out assigned construction tasks.
Main duties of the prospective worker will be: assisting electricians with installation of UG conduit and vaults; assisting with distribution and UG conduit; various laborer tasks such as digging, trenching, clean-up but may also assist with the following:
• Moving, securing, installing, building, and loading or unloading materials
• Assisting in the building or construction of various things
• Some specialized tasks may require on-the job training, which we provide
• Effectively using heavy and light equipment, depending on the jobsite/assignment
• Moving items from place to place, according to direction from the site supervisor
• Moving dirt or other material as directed in plans or by supervisor
• Climb to heights and conduct work with proper safety restraints
• Perform setup and cleanup tasks at job site
• Direct traffic when necessary to ensure safety of pedestrians, motorists and work crew
• Back-fill trenches and pits when necessary
• Provide labor support as needed for specialty crew
• Perform general maintenance of construction equipment and vehicle
• A laborer works in varying aspects of the construction field.
• They move and lift heavy items throughout the construction zone and assist construction workers in finishing projects safely.
• Additionally, a laborer has experience operating heavy machinery and preparing job sites for construction.
• Many laborers will assist in managing traffic in construction areas and aid in clean up after the project is completed.
• We are looking for a crew of efficient, safety-minded Laborers for residential construction development.
• We have long-term work available for the right candidate in a variety of positions.
• Applicants should have residential construction industry experience and access to reliable transportation.
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials
- Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist craft workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
Qualifications & Experience
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
- Must have experience as a general laborer in the construction industry.
- • Must have: commercial driver’s license as worker will need to drive dump truck back and forth to dump site.
- • All prospective workers will need two forms of ID or Live CDL, ability to pass background check for active military base.
- • Must have current registration, auto insurance on vehicle to access the site.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Construction Labor – Central ValleySacramento, California
Solar InstallerSacramento, California
Construction Laborer-Sacramento and Surrounding AreasSacramento, California
Construction Labor – Commercial Drivers LicenseSacramento, California
Commercial – Industrial Electrician – Central ValleySacramento, California
Electrician – Sacramento AreaSacramento, California
Carpenters Wanted in Sacramento and Surrounding areasSacramento, California
Construction Labor – Yuba CountySacramento, California
Carpenter Tracy and MantecaSacramento, California
Construction Carpenter – Yuba and Sutter CountiesSacramento, California
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.