Temp to Perm
$24.00 - $29.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is searching for a Diesel Mechanic to fill a long term, temp-to-hire position with an amazing company you can stay and grow with. Diesel Mechanic must be able to perform minor and major repairs with minimal supervision to ensure proper performance of commercial motor vehicles. Must have a full understanding of how to properly maintain diesel engine trucks according to DOT regulations. Mechanic will need all their own tools and be somewhat flexible in schedule and duties as shift could start or finish 30 minutes to an hour prior to or after scheduled shift times. Pay is based upon experience and certifications obtained, and can range from $24-$29/hr. For each of the following certifications, the diesel mechanic will be eligible for an additional $1/hr., paying up to $34/hr. if the diesel mechanic has all 4 certifications:
• Brake Certification
• State Inspector License
• Alignment Certification
• AC Certification – 608/609
If you are looking for a company you can retire with, then look no further because this is it! They offer great benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401K. After working for this company for 3 months through us, you can hire on to their payroll. As an employee with this company, they pay for 100% of the employee’s health insurance premium and offer 4% match on 401k!!
While this is a large company, they have a close management and leadership so their employees are not treated like numbers, they are more like family.
Please call or email Amanda at 346-334-3979 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or just click on the link in this Ad to apply to this position and she will reach out to you!
- Troubleshoot, Diagnose and repair any issues on diesel engine fleet trucks and provide routine preventative maintenance as needed.
- Diesel Mechanic must have all of their own tools to complete all repairs on trucks.
- Ability to work on several brands of Semi Tractor Trucks with manual and automatic transmissions, such as:
- Mack, Peterbilt, Freightliner, Kenworth and International
- Completing DOT inspections
- Read job orders, observe and listen to vehicle in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedure.
- Work Monday through Friday, with a 7:00 am start time.
- Mechanic will also be responsible for gate checks and assisting other mechanics as needed in being part of a team to ensure the trucks are running properly.
- Ensure trucks meets DOT standards.
- Diesel Mechanic must be safety oriented with good organizational skills.
Please email Amanda at email@example.com
Position will become permanent after 3 months and you will be eligible for these benefits:
As an employee with this company, they pay for 100% of the employee’s health insurance premium and offer 4% match on 401k!!!
Qualifications & Experience
- 3-4 Years of experience working on diesel engines.
- State Inspection Certified a HUGE plus!!
- Knowledge of the use and operation of testing equipment, gauges, and tools associated with vehicle troubleshooting and repair.
- Must be a well organized, self-starter with good communication skills and a positive attitude.
- If this is the job you are looking for, please email Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or just click on the link and apply directly to this job and she will reach out to you! This job starts immediately so don't wait or you could miss out on this amazing opportunity!
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.