Auburn, New York
$35.00 - $
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is urgently seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic. The Mechanic will be responsible for adhering to our level of commitment to safety and customer service. In this role, the successful candidate will perform repairs and maintenance work on Lowboy trailers and support equipment in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on trucks and work closely with other team members to meet company goals.
For more information please text/call 315-437-1292 or email a copy of your resume to email@example.com
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Perform minor and major repairs on waste trucks, pick-up trucks, and support equipment.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Conduct regular preventative maintenance on service trucks, including inspection, tire rotation, and oil changes.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles and plan repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
Qualifications & Experience
- To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/ and or Experience:
- · 2+ years’ experience as a Diesel Mechanic
- · Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.