We are looking for dock workers to participate in our dock and warehouse operations and activities. Dock worker responsibilities consist of loading and unloading trucks, hooking and unhooking bags from a forklift, supporting the bagging operation by being able to handle and lift 55 lb. bags.
- Weekly Pay
- 1st and 2nd shifts available
- Some 12 hour work days
- Retrieves supplies and materials and loads pallets on truck; moves pallet to a location on the production floor
- Verifies the quantity and description of materials to be shipped against the picking list
- Accurately prepare orders for shipping to customers
- Clears production area by securing and moving finished pallets, and moving empty pallets
- Safely operate all the necessary equipment in the work area by following standard operating procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Help ensure warehouse/equipment is maintained by reporting any issues with the equipment to the Maintenance Coordinator
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve warehousing procedures
- Work minimum 40 hours per week
- Willingness to work in elements
- All applicants must have fork lift training and pass a respirator fit test.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, and lift at least 55 lbs. and perform any other duties that are assigned; will be required to wear personal protective equipment.
- Proven working experience as a warehouse worker
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects - 55lbs consistently
This job is extremely physically demanding and you have to be willing to get a little dirty!
Qualifications & Experience
- Willing to take background check
- Required to work overtime
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.