Temp to Perm
$18.00 - $25.00
Are you looking for a great fit in a full-time construction job? Do you have a deep understanding of framing, building, and finishing? We are hiring for full-time and part-time Drywall Installers, or Drywallers, to join with one of our skilled labor clients. As a Drywaller, you work on both home and commercial construction and restoration projects. You’ll measure the rooms in which the building material is to be installed, cut it to fit these rooms, and attach the drywall to wall studs.
There are two basic steps to installing drywall: First, drywall workers fasten the drywall against the inside framework of the building. Second, they finish and smooth the joints. Will be taping and must be able to match texture of existing walls. Does this job seem like a right fit for you? If so, then we would love to have you apply today.
- Reading design plans in order to provide minimal wallboard to avoid unnecessary waste of materials
- Measuring and marking cutting lines on framing, drywall, and trim using tape measure, straightedge, or square, and marking devices
- Identifying the exact locations of windows, electrical outlets, and plumbing, and then cutting the drywall or ceiling tile to fit the precise size needed
- Cutting drywall to the right size, using utility knives and power saws
- Fastening drywall panels to interior wall studs, using nails or screws
- Installing metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Filling joints, holes, and cracks with compound, using a trowel and broad knife
- Trimming and smoothing rough edges so boards join evenly without visual defect
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have valid Drivers License and good driving record as you will be driving a company truck. Must have 2 years or more experience in drywall installation and texture.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.