Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At PeopleReady, we value diversity. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience, and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work. Apply to join us today. PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer.
We are always accepting applications for:
Entry-Level, Apprentice, and Journeyman
Drywall Installers, or Drywallers, to join with one of our skilled labor clients. As a Drywaller, you work on home construction and restoration projects. You’ll measure the rooms in which the building material is to be installed, cut it to fit these rooms, and attach the drywall to wall studs. Some Drywallers learn informally through on-the-job training, while others enter formal apprenticeships that might take three or four years to complete. Although no formal education is required for this occupation, a knowledge of basic math is essential.
There are two basic steps to installing drywall: First, drywall workers fasten the drywall against the inside framework of the building. Second, they finish and smooth the joints. Some drywall workers specialize in cutting and installing the panels, while others specialize in finishing the joints. However, many workers do both types of work. Does this sound like the right fit for you? If so, then we would love to have you apply today.
· Patching, hanging, and floating
· Mudding and taping
· Residential, commercial, or industrial experience
· Reading design plans in order to provide minimal wallboard to avoid unnecessary waste of materials
· Measuring and marking cutting lines on framing, drywall, and trim using tape measure, straightedge, or square, and marking devices
· Identifying the exact locations of windows, electrical outlets, and plumbing, and then cutting the drywall or ceiling tile to fit the precise size needed
· Cutting drywall to the right size, using utility knives and power saws
· Fastening drywall panels to interior wall studs, using nails or screws
· Installing metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
· Filling joints, holes, and cracks with compound, using a trowel and broad knife
· Trimming and smoothing rough edges so boards join evenly without visual defect
Qualifications & Experience
- • One year of experience in residential or commercial carpentry preferred, as is mud and sanding applications experience
- • Basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- • Able to occasionally lift and move 50 pounds
- • Take pride in your strong work ethic, positive mindset, and desire to improve
- • References that verify your professional skills and experience
Other Jobs in Your Area
Maintenance TechnicianMERCED, California
Skilled TradespersonMERCED, California
Residential Solar InstallerMERCED, California
Heavy Equipment OperatorMERCED, California
HVAC TechnicianMERCED, California
Construction AssociateMERCED, California
Certified Forklift OperatorMERCED, California
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.