Drywaller and Taper Willimantic CTWillimantic, Connecticut
$21.00 - $
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is seeking a detail-oriented drywall and taper to join our team.
As a drywall, should be able to complete tasks efficiently while maintaining a high quality of work, using sound techniques to produce high-quality drywall finishes on time. Tapers, prepare the drywall for covering by paint and wallpaper. The Drywaller and Taper will secure drywall panels to the interior of commercial building and other types of construction and will prepare the drywall for painting or finishing.
Working with PeopleReady Skilled Trades you can expect honest communication, dedicated office staff who care about all aspects of safety, regular job site visit and much more! Your skills make the world work! We Respect you and we Appreciate you!
• Competitive Wages and Sign on Incentives
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Coverage
• OSHA 10 trainings and advancements to more challenging projects.
• Work close to home
• Referral Bonus Program – $$$ earn for referring friends
• Employee Of the Month Incentives
• Regular Associate Appreciation Lunches
• Personal Protective Equipment Offered to all associates
Other ways to apply: email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
We look forward to you joining our team! Apply today for Immediate placements!
• Measures and cuts drywall panels to fit in and around specific spaces such as doors, windows, electrical outlets, and lighting fixtures.
• Installs drywall panels to wood or metal studs.
• Joining drywall panels using tape and plaster.
• Repairing cracks and any other damage to the drywall panels.
• Concealing any imperfections or exposed irregularities in the drywall surface.
• Layering plaster or spackle with trowels to create a flat surface.
• Sanding down rough areas on the wall to create a smooth surface.
• Creates textured surfaces when requested.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Skimming the surface with a final layer of plaster in preparation for finishing work.
• Keeping your supervisor up to date of your progress and reporting any job-related issues.
• Ensuring that all equipment and materials are used safely and effectively.
Qualifications & Experience
- • At least 1 year of experience as a drywall finisher.
- • Good knowledge of the tools, materials, and methods used in drywall and ceiling finishing.
- • Ability to interpret construction blueprints.
- • Knowledge of the applicable safety guidelines.
- • Basic math skills.
- • Ability to read simple building plans.
- • Ability to estimate quantity of materials required for a project.
- • Ability to measure and cut drywall to fit in specific spaces.
- • Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- • Ability to work independently and with a work crew.
- • Ability to use hand tools and power tools required for installing drywall.
- • Previous related commercial experience preferred
- • Prolonged periods standing, climbing ladders, bending, and kneeling.
- • Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time to lift and move drywall panels.
- • Good problem-solving abilities.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.