$17.00 - $21.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades has immediate positions available for experienced commercial duct insulators.
Duct Insulators will be responsible for:
- applying insulation on industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
- Determine the amounts and types of insulation needed, and methods of installation, based on factors such as location, surface shape, and equipment use.
- Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
- Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screw in order to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage.
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors.
- Prepare surfaces for insulation application by brushing or spreading on adhesives, cement or asphalt, or by attaching metal pins to surfaces.
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine job requirements.
- Select appropriate insulation such as fiberglass, Styrofoam, or cork, based on the heat retaining or excluding characteristics of the material.
- Distribute insulating materials evenly into small spaces within floors, ceilings, or walls, using blowers and hose attachments or cement mortar.
- Fill blower hoppers with insulating materials.
Pay Rate Ranges between $17/hr - $21/hr (DOE)
Call or text 470-344-3682 for more information.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 1 year commercial duct insulation experience.
- Hand and power tools of the trade.
- Personal Protective Equipment - Hard Hat, Safety Vest, Safety Glasses, Gloves, and Steel Toe Boots.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.