San Deigo, California
Temp to Perm
$35.00 - $50.00
With very little or no supervision, will perform duties as assigned by management in the troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and/or rebuilding of equipment in the service shop or field, in a safe, efficient and capable manner in the least amount of labor hours necessary, and without rework. Besides performing mechanical repair as directed, this position also estimates work orders and prepares written quotes for submission to the Lead Person and/or Service Writer.
1. Coordinate all mechanical, hydraulic, air and electrical repairs associated with Caterpillar products.
2. Assist service manager in the performance of his duties when required.
3. Perform minor engineering improvements, modifications and retrofit in order to conform to customer specifications and operational requirements.
4. Guides/mentors/trains technicians with less expertise in the repairs of Caterpillar engines and systems.
5. This position requires work to be completed within 95% of any Flat Rate times that are established as targets by HPS.
6. Rework must not exceed 0.5% of labor hours.
7. Performs other duties as directed by foreman or service manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- 1. High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2. Prefer to have one of the following
- a. Eight (8) years experience in the repair of Caterpillar products.
- b. Successful completion of Level Two Technician Program.
- 3. Expertise in all phases of Caterpillar service operation.
- 4. Full and positive knowledge of the Caterpillar product line.
- 5. Expert working knowledge in the repairs of electrical and electronic systems.
- 6. Must have valid Driver’s License with a good record.
- a. Shop Requirements: Valid California Class “C” driver’s license.
- 7. Furnish all hand tools required to repair, test and diagnose hydraulic, air, power train, electrical and electronic systems on Caterpillar equipment.
- a. NOTE: Some high dollar value tooling is supplied by Hawthorne.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.