Live Oak, Florida
Immediate openings available for excavator and front end loader operators! will be operating equipment to dig trenches to install pipe and ducting.
- Working outdoors in appropriate safety and protective equipment.
- Operating a variety of heavy equipment safely via hand signals, radio communication and using occupant safety devices
- Performing pre-operational checks of equipment as well as basic maintenance on track or rubber tire undercarriage, buckets, and attachments; lubricating equipment components and attachments.
- Completing and maintaining equipment log sheets and reports.
- Performing site planning and setup by assessing jobsite conditions and identifying or selecting appropriate attachments for the work to be done.
- Acquiring and using a knowledge of earthmoving fundamentals (soil characteristics, ground conditions, map reading) as well as relevant health and safety acts, municipal codes and bylaws, natural gas regulations, and the Highway Traffic Act
- Working cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Continuously learning about new techniques/equipment in order to operate safely while maintaining productivity.
Qualifications & Experience
- Possess a valid certification and minimum five years' experience with heavy construction equipment and trucks and/or three years performing maintenance on heavy equipment.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, diesel engines, electronics, electronics, and Department of Transportation regulations
- Valid driver’s license.
- Tools of the trade and ability to bring them to the jobsite.
- References to verify the professional skills and experience you bring to the team.
- Able to occasionally lift and move more than 50 pounds and remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.