Temp to Perm
$20.00 - $30.00
Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of assigned heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities; perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
- Inspect, repair, modify and install HVAC equipment including refrigeration and air conditioning compressors, receivers, condensers, chillers, water cooling towers, forced air converter units, pumps, automatic and hand valves, expansion valves and capillary tubes.
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance inspections of refrigeration units, isolated heating and ventilating units, including boilers, gas and electrically operated airconditioning equipment, and make necessary adjustments or repairs; service and repair evaporative coolers.
- Repair or replace defective parts in units and equipment and their controls, including thermostats, automatic switches, fan controls, log switches, damper motors, louvers, relays, filters, controls, belts, compressors, heat exchangers, high limit controls, pressure controls, safety valves, and automatic gas valves.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, welder torch, vacuum pump, test equipment utilized in the trade and a motor vehicle; maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool inventory.
- Repair and rebuild semi-hermetic reciprocating compressors and compressors for centrifugal refrigeration machines.
- Perform skilled electrical maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration of HVAC equipment, components, timers, motors and wiring systems as needed; connect motors to control panels.
- Test and examine boiler operations, observing meter and pressure gauges; conduct boiler water quality test and treatment; adjust boiler burner combustion.
- Lubricate and pack heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and air-conditioning motors, pumps, fans, and other equipment.
- Install and calibrate systems; install copper tubing and repair pipes and tubing as necessary; test joints and insulate pipes of refrigeration and air conditioning systems; flush boilers, descale tubing; rebuild pressure and temperature safety valves and water pumps.
- Install, rebuild, replace or repair fans, motors, thermostats, fuses, filters, bearings, valves, controls, gaskets and other equipment as necessary.
- Maintain related records concerning time, labor and materials; maintain log of tasks performed and write reports as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
Qualifications & Experience
- - Standard practices of the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
- - Theory of HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- - Materials, methods and tools used in the operation and repair of HVAC and refrigeration systems.
- - Applicable building codes, ordinances and regulations of State and local authorities pertaining to HVAC, refrigeration and boilers.
- - Air compressors and pneumatic controls.
- - Cooling tower and boiler water treatment.
- - Manual and electrical tools and equipment applicable to the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
- - Welding and soldering techniques.
- - Health and safety regulations.
- - Basic record-keeping techniques.
- - Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- - Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of District heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities.
- - Calibrate systems.
- - Perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
- - Diagnose defects, and install, repair and maintain heating, ventilating, refrigeration, and air-conditioning units.
- - Follow oral and written instructions.
- - Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair, installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- - Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- - Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- - Work cooperatively with others.
- - Work independently with little direction.
- - Meet schedules and time lines.
- - Maintain routine records and prepare reports.
- - Routinely lift objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Facilities Maintenance HVAC TechAtlanta, Georgia
Facilities Maintenance HVAC TechAtlanta, Georgia
Facility Maintenance PlumberAtlanta, Georgia
Commercial PlumberAtlanta, Georgia
Concrete FinisherAtlanta, Georgia
Commercial PainterAtlanta, Georgia
Duct InsulatorAtlanta, Georgia
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.