The Facilities Specialist performs repairs and preventive maintenance on a wide variety of building and facility equipment, fixtures, and systems. The role is responsible for managing contractors, training new employees, compliance with all safety regulations and working with third party vendors.
· Maintains building environment and grounds by maintaining building, heating, ventilation, and air.
conditioning equipment; providing housekeeping, grounds keeping, and repair services.
· Secures building and occupants by maintaining alarm and fire protection devices.
· Keeps equipment operational, systems and building ready for use by completing preventive.
· Maintenance schedules; maintaining maintenance records; following policies and procedures.
· completing repairs and installing replacement parts; reporting needed changes.
· Maintains building accessibility and appearance by picking up litter, removing any debris.
walkways and parking lot.
· Completes special requests by hauling files and boxes; moving furniture; setting up furnishings.
· Preparing rooms for meetings; assembling public announcement and audio-visual equipment; following manufacture operating and care guidelines; completing repairs and installing replacement parts.
· Maintains building interior by dusting and polishing furniture, equipment, mirrors, and fixtures including basic janitorial disinfecting of the facility.
· Overseeing that janitors continuously cleans throughout all buildings, sweeping, vacuuming carpet etc.
· Requesting products/supplies necessary for stocking restrooms and lunchrooms and removing recyclables.
· Maintains building climate by trouble-shooting heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment (HVAC).
· Maintains system for conveying liquids and liquid waste by installing and repairing plumbing.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
· Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Coordinates Hazardous Waste materials pick-up and removal.
Qualifications & Experience
- • Associate degree in facility management or related field
- • Minimum of 5 years in a facilities position
- • Facilities Management Systems, Facilities Coordination, Equipment Maintenance, Customer Focus, Vendor Relationships, Developing Standards, Hiring, Emphasizing Excellence, Performance Management, Disciplining Employees, Orienting Employees
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.