Field Machinist ~ FabricatorGEISMAR, Louisiana
Temp to Perm
$25.00 - $35.00
Curently seeking Field Machinist (~ Fabricator ~ Tool and Die) Journeyman & Master levels to set up and operate equipment to produce precision metal parts, instruments, and tools while offering machining services to the petrochemical, power generation, and onshore/offshore sectors throughout the US.
Should be familiar with Machining, Repairing, Replacing, & Reproducing Parts, pipes, Flanges, Tubes, Boilers, and Furnaces to name a few.
Must Reside in the Greater Baton Rouge Area- This position is for a full-time++ position accepting Outside & Inside Machinist for Review
Pay up to $35
Field Machinist (~ Fabrication ~ Tool & Die)
- Company events, promotions, & recognition programs
- Referral Bonus Program (up to $500 per referral)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans are available
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Plans: (High/Low plans)
- Short-Term Disability (STD) Insurance
- Critical Illness (High/Low plans)
- Accident (High/Low plans)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Identity Theft Protection Plan - Now a payroll deducted benefit offering!
- Auto & Home Insurance
- Legal Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- Cancer Detection Plan
- MeMD Telemedicine
Advancement Training & Certifications: (no cost)
- OSHA 10 Construction Certification
- Lift & Fall Protection Certifications
- OSHA Basic Plus
- DISA Certification as needed
- 8 & 10-hour shifts | 5 to 6 days a week | Day shift
- Monday through Friday (Saturday & Sunday as needed)
- Overtime available
- Immediate Start
- Operates and maintains lathe and milling machines.
- Reviews drawings, instructions, blueprints, or samples to ensure accurate production.
- Takes precise measurements for cutting or shaping.
- Selects the appropriate machine and settings for a given task.
- Plans a proper sequence of tasks to complete the assignment.
- Monitors production, adjusting feed and other settings as necessary.
- Maintains the inventory of completed products.
- Checks output for quality assurance and documents or discards defects.
- Identifies need for and performs machine maintenance and minor repairs.
- Maintains a safe and clean workstation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, pipefitting, welding, HVAC, and more.
If you’re a tradesman or tradeswoman looking for skilled trades job opportunities, look no further. Explore job openings across the country for skilled trades professions @ Skilled.PeopleReady.com.
Let’s get to work!
- For all Louisiana Positions Please apply online.
Qualifications & Experience
- Excellent coordination and mechanical skills
- Knowledge of how to operate grinders, lathes, and milling machines
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and safety
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient Math skills to take precise measurements and make calculations
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive tasks
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.