Newark, New Jersey
Temp to Perm
$28.00 - $36.00
Are you passionate about pitching in to improve our planet? Are you a self-starter who takes initiative to make a positive change? PeopleReady Skilled Trades is looking to hire a Plant Shift Supervisor in a fast-growing industry. As a Plant Shift Supervisor you will provide safety and process expertise to assist power plant(s) with safety-related needs, programs, and requirements.
- Ensure the company complies and adheres to regulatory standards set by Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines to reduce work-related injuries.
- Support the implementation of Health and Safety Behavior programs by observing and coaching employees to improve safe work habits.
- Supervise shift, train, coach and oversee employees to identify unsafe work habits and use of prescribed safety equipment such as hard hats, glasses, high visibility clothing, safety shoes and task specific PPE i.e., goggles, respirators, face shields, etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Industrial safety, Industrial Engineering or other related degree or the equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in a process or power plant environment, with electric utility experience
- Prior experience leading work crews of 10 or more on plants, sites; effectively communicate tasks, hazards and work duties
- Ability to recognize hazards in the workplace and have the ability to mitigate the hazards utilizing knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Current valid certifications such as an OSHA 30, Hazwoper
- Schedule flexibility is a must as employees may need to be available to work additional hours, work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Criminal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements
- PeopleReady Skilled Trades is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.