$20.00 - $24.00
Commercial trim and finish carpenters needed!
- Sets up and operates variety of woodworking machines and uses various hand Tools to fabricate and repair wooden cabinets: Studies blueprints or drawings of articles to be constructed or repaired, and plans sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed.
- Marks outline or dimensions of parts on paper or lumber stock, according to blueprint or drawing specifications.
- Matches materials for color, grain, or texture.
- Sets up and operates woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointer, mortiser, tenoner, molder, and shaper, to cut and shape parts from woodstock.
- Trims component parts of joints to ensure snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
- Bores holes for insertion of screws or dowels by hand or using boring machine.
- Glues, fits, and clamps parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine.
- Drives nails or other fasteners into joints at designated places to reinforce joints.
- Sands and scrapes surfaces and joints of articles to prepare articles for finishing.
- May repair high-grade articles of cabinets and masterworks.
- May dip, brush, or spray assembled articles with protective or decorative materials, such as stain, varnish, or paint.
- May install hardware, such as hinges, catches, and drawer pulls.
- May repair equipment and fixtures and be designated Cabinetmaker.
- May be designated according to products.
Qualifications & Experience
- Operating woodworking machines and using hand tools to cut, shape and form wood
- Fitting parts together using glue and clamps
- Reinforcing joints using nails or screws
- Trimming joints
- Sanding wooden surfaces and applying veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Repairing or restyling wooden furniture or fixtures
- Marking outlines or dimensions on wood
- Preparing or interpreting drawings or blueprints
Other Jobs in Your Area
Skilled Craftsman ALL TRADESMemphis, Tennessee
Sheetmetal Duct InstallerMemphis, Tennessee
Carpenters Door HardwareMemphis, Tennessee
Entry Level CraftspersonMemphis, Tennessee
Commercial Door and HardwareMemphis, Tennessee
Concrete LaborMemphis, Tennessee
Welding Shop HandMemphis, Tennessee
Finish and Trim CarpentersMemphis, Tennessee
Plant Maintenance TechinicianMemphis, Tennessee
Journeyman Elec w/ Per DiemMemphis, Tennessee
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.