$20.00 - $25.00
Fire watch personnel maintain surveillance of areas where hot work — welding or cutting with torches — has occurred. Welding and cutting both cause sparks and bits of molten metal to fly into the surrounding area. The fire watch maintains a lookout for small fires started by these sparks and bits of slag.
- Constantly patrolling areas where “hot work” is being performed, maintaining vigilance of potential fires.
- Being familiar with facilities and procedures for sounding an alarm in the event of a fire and having a means of notifying emergency services.
- Having fire-extinguishing equipment readily available and being well-trained in its use.
- Maintaining the conditions and requirements stated on the safety permit.
- Inspecting the entire work area to look for potential release of flammable vapors or liquids before, during, and at the end of each shift.
- Being prepared to operate fire extinguishers, hydrants, fixed monitors, and hose carts anytime.
- Never leaving the job site while the work is being done.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to follow technical drawings
- Ability to use your initiative
- Knowledge of buildings and construction
- Good level of physical fitness
- Confidence to work at height.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Fire WatchAnaheim, California
General LaborerAnaheim, California
Stick WeldersAnaheim, California
Lead MechanicAnaheim, California
Facility Maintenance Technician (TEMP-TO-HIRE)ANAHEIM, California
General Construction LaborAnaheim, California
Block MasonAnaheim, California
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.