Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Temp to Perm
$21.00 - $27.00
As a Concrete Form Carpenter with PeopleReady Skilled Trades, you’ll support concrete contractors throughout Courtland, AL. In this long-term, temp-to-hire role, you’ll earn $21-$27 an hour, enjoy weekly pay, health insurance benefits and a flexible work schedule.
Whether you’re new to the trades or a seasoned pro, come take charge of your career with PeopleReady Skilled Trades. Interested? Apply today!
Study blueprints, sketches, or building plans to understand the layout and dimensions of the formwork to be constructed.
Measure and cut materials to the appropriate size and shape using hand and power tools, ensuring accuracy and precision.
Build molds, forms, and scaffolds according to project specifications, using plumb bobs, levels, and laser equipment to achieve the desired measurements and angles.
Place and secure reinforcing steel bars or mesh in the forms to provide additional structural support for concrete.
Pour, spread, and level concrete using various equipment and tools, ensuring it is evenly distributed and without air pockets.
Finish surfaces of poured concrete, using hand tools or power tools, including smoothing and polishing.
Hours: 4X10's, Monday-Thursday, 6:30am-5pm, 40+ hours
Qualifications & Experience
- e at least 18+ years of age
- Previous experience in commercial form carpentry or a similar role is often required.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and understanding construction plans. Knowledge of various types of wood and construction materials.
- Excellent carpentry skills, including measuring, cutting, and shaping wood and other materials. Ability to use hand and power tools effectively. Concrete pouring and finishing skills are essential.
- Commercial Form Carpenters often need to lift heavy materials and work in physically demanding conditions.
- Precision and accuracy in measurements and construction are crucial to ensure the integrity of the structure being built.
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel and walk for extended periods throughout the day
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Prior experience in the commercial field required
- Prior experience using Hand tools, Power tools required
- Position may require a drug screen
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.