Temp to Perm
$18.00 - $19.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is currently hiring experienced Heavy Equipment Operators to operate front end loaders, bobcats and skid steer for a metals recycling facility in the Doral area.
- Working outdoors in appropriate safety and protective equipment
- Operating a variety of heavy equipment safely via hand signals, radio communication and using occupant safety devices
- Performing pre-operational checks of equipment as well as basic maintenance on track or rubber tire undercarriage, buckets, and attachments; lubricating equipment components and attachments
- Completing and maintaining equipment log sheets and reports
- Performing site planning and setup by assessing jobsite conditions and identifying or selecting appropriate attachments for the work to be done
- Acquiring and using a knowledge of earthmoving fundamentals (soil characteristics, ground conditions, map reading) as well as relevant health and safety acts, municipal codes and bylaws, natural gas regulations, and the Highway Traffic Act
- Working cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
- Continuously learning about new techniques/equipment in order to operate safely while maintaining productivity
Competitive pay rate up to $19 an hour.
Sign on bonus upon completion of 160 hours.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in the trade. Must be at least 18 years old. High school or GED equivalent required. Able to occasionally lift and move more than 50 pounds and remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Ability to stand, bend, and kneel. References to verify your professional skills and experience. Some Heavy Equipment Operator assignments require additional screening, such as background checks or drug screens.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Duct InsulatorMIAMI, Florida
HVAC Sheet Metal MechanicMIAMI, Florida
Finish CarpenterMIAMI, Florida
Bobcat OperatorMIAMI, Florida
Construction HelperMIAMI, Florida
Front End Loader OperatorMIAMI, Florida
Carpenter ApprenticeMIAMI, Florida
Concrete Setter and FinisherMIAMI, Florida
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.