Temp to Perm
Well capitalized company is seeking GENERATOR TECHNICIANS to deliver high-quality generator repairs and maintenance to customers in MN, including but not limited to: St. Cloud and Duluth.
Temp to Hire & Direct Hire Opportunities available immediately. Call or Text 651-237-2482 for more information.
Temp to Hire positions will be starting at $22-$28/hr DOE (For candidates with only diesel Mechanic/Tech exp, willing to learn and be trained in)
Direct Hire positions will be starting at $30-$35/hr DOE
Accurately troubleshoot, repair, and diagnose both routine maintenance and emergency
services on a variety of state-of-the-art critical equipment systems such as: diesel generators,
gaseous generators, etc.
Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose all problems with power generation equipment, including problems with Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), and generator controls AC and DC.
Make repair recommendations to customers; order appropriate parts to complete repairs.
Perform routine maintenance on equipment according to established guidelines and schedules.
Refuel generators during maintenance.
Process required paperwork within deadlines.
Maintain part inventory of service truck.
Changing of engine fluids and filters.
Engine repairs (wide variety of diesel and gas engines)
Electrical and Control diagnosis
24hr. Emergency Response
Utilize measuring equipment including multimeters, ammeters, and megohmmeters for the diagnosis and repair of equipment.
Assist lower-level Field Service Technicians in completing work assignments as necessary.
Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree relating to diesel and/or natural gas engines, generators, and automatic transfer switches, or 3-7 years of experience working with critical equipment systems such as: diesel generators, gaseous generators, etc.
- Previous experience servicing: CAT / Caterpillar; Cummins; Generac; Kohler; etc.
- Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical equipment as it relates to Generators
- Work on a flexible work schedule 24x7x365 and respond to emergency calls as needed
- Participate in the rotating responsibility of a 24/7 on-call technician rotation.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Lift & Shift Procedures
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
- Basic computational skills, including the use of a laptop as it pertains to receiving correspondence and service tickets, as well as, proficiency using Microsoft Office products and Adobe Reader.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.