$22.00 - $31.00
We are looking to hire a talented and professional glazier to measure, cut, and install glass fittings in homes and businesses. A glazier’s responsibilities include working with blueprints to cut glass to specifications, assembling and fitting glass in shop windows, sliding doors, display cases, bathroom units, and other home or commercial structures.
To be successful as a glazier, you should have detailed knowledge of the glass manufacturing and cutting process, have good hand-eye coordination, be able to lift heavy objects, and have excellent communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch glazier provides a positive customer experience while constantly meeting high professional standards.
Work with a team that is motivated to keep you busy.
PeopleReady Skilled trades offers weekly pay and flexible schedule working on a variety of projects in a large network of contractors.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and sick time.
Opportunity to go thru OSHA 10 training if you don’t have it already.
We offer referral bonuses where you can make up to $500 referring a journey level tradesperson.
You can earn up to $1500 extra in our Respect the Craft program based on working hours for us.
If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-315-2197 for immediate consideration!
- Fabricate or install metal sashes or moldings for glass installation, using aluminum or steel framing.
- Install metal structural components.
- Fabricate parts or components.
- Determine plumb of walls or ceilings, using plumb lines and levels.
- Verify alignment of structures or equipment.
- Select the type or color of glass or mirror according to specifications.
- Select construction materials.
- Fasten glass panes into wood sashes or frames with clips, points, or moldings, adding weather seals or putty around pane edges to seal joints.
- Install doors or windows.
- Apply material to fill gaps in surfaces.
- Prepare glass for cutting by resting it on rack edges or against cutting tables and brushing thin layer of oil along cutting lines or dipping cutting tools in oil.
- Cut, fit, install, repair, or replace glass or glass substitutes, such as plastic or aluminum, in building interiors or exteriors or in furniture or other products.
- Grind or polish glass, smoothing edges when necessary.
- Smooth surfaces with abrasive materials or tools.
- Measure and mark outlines or patterns on glass to indicate cutting lines.
- Measure materials or objects for installation or assembly.
- Set glass doors into frames and bolt metal hinges, handles, locks, or other hardware to attach doors to frames and walls.
- Install pre-assembled metal or wood frameworks for windows or doors to be fitted with glass panels, using hand tools.
- Read and interpret blueprints or specifications to determine size, shape, color, type, or thickness of glass, location of framing, installation procedures, or staging or scaffolding materials required.
- Load or unload materials used in construction or extraction.
- Protect structures or surfaces near work areas to avoid damage.
- Cut, assemble, fit, or attach metal-framed glass enclosures for showers, bathtubs, display cases, skylights, solariums, or other structures.
- Load and arrange glass or mirrors onto delivery trucks, using suction cups or cranes to lift glass.
- Pack spaces between moldings and glass with glazing compounds and trim excess material with glazing knives.
- Trim excess material from installations.
- Apply material to fill gaps in surfaces.
- Measure, cut, fit, and press anti-glare adhesive film to glass or spray glass with tinting solution to prevent light glare.
Qualifications & Experience
- -High school diploma.
- -A valid glazier certification from the National Glass Association.
- -3+ years working as a glazier or commercial glazier.
- -Ability to lift heavy objects.
- -A high level of attention to detail.
- -Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- -Good communication skills.
- -Professional appearance.
- -Ability to deal with stressful situations.
- -Must be able to pass 6-panel drug test.
- -Must be able to pass background check.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.