OREGON CITY, Oregon
Temp to Perm
$25.00 - $40.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades client is currently seeking a Full-time temp-to-hire Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic for a position in Oregon City, Oregon.
- Diagnose and repair equipment: loaders, dozers, Excavators, and wastewater vac trucks in field locations.
- Must be independently productive and able to work without direct supervision.
- Typical duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to Analyzing, diagnosing, and troubleshooting equipment malfunctions or failures.
- Must have the ability to repair, replace, and rebuild engines, transmissions, final drives, steering, clutches, cross shafts, hydraulic components, electrical systems, and air systems.
- Background in wastewater vac trucks is a plus.
- Responsible for a work truck. (The work truck will go home with the mechanic each day.) Will get dispatch each day from supervisor on where the Heavy Equipment will be.
- Follow equipment maintenance according to company policies and procedures.
- Communicate courteously and effectively with customers.
- Diagnosing faults using testing equipment.
- Report damaged or faulty equipment to management. Call for parts when needed.
Qualifications & Experience
- • Always demonstrate attention to safety and detail
- • Minimum 5 years of proven work experience as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- • Must be at least 18 years of age with a current valid Driver’s license
- • Must be able to work Monday through Friday - Ability to work after hours if needed.
- • Must be able to pass additional screenings including a Background check including an MVR clean driving record, and drug screening.
- • Must be able to provide verifiable work references.
- • Meet physical demands: Climb, lift, push, kneel, twist, and lift up to 100 lbs.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.