Spartanburg, South Carolina
$26.00 - $30.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is looking for a Heavy Equipment operator in Spartanburg South Carolina or the surrounding areas. We are looking for a motivated and encouraged tradesmen who is familiar with operating an excavator, as well as someone who is familiar with working near/on the railway system. this role will also require the tradesmen to be a craftsman within civil construction to build structures that are safe, sound, and meet requirements within the specifications for each project. We are looking for a reliable tradesmen who can also pass a drug screen with this project.
– Competitive Wages and Weekly Pay
– Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Coverage through Market Place
– Standard Bonus Program – $$$ based on accumulate work hours
– Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
– Employee of the month incentives
– Overtime Opportunities
– Referral Bonus
– PPE and company merch
• Assist in preparing heavy civil construction sites that includes loading and unloading materials, traffic control, and material assembly and installation.
• Knowledge and ability to operate power and hand tools and equipment that include but are not limited to electric, pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, and diesel-powered tools. Hand tools are defined as any tool that is operated by hand without electricity or other power source (i.e., hammer, shovel).
• Must be able to read and understand grade stakes for grade checking and alignment using GPS, lasers, levels, and string line.
• Ability to correct deviations in track surface, alignment and gauge.
• Must be able to load and unload trucks sorting track material and keep job sites clean and neat at the end of each workday using material staging area that has been assigned for equipment and materials.
• Utilize tools to cut rails to required length as well as be able to adjust, lift and roll rails.
• Cleaning of work area that includes install and repair of street and railroad crossings, cut brush/vegetation from a right-of-way, clean/grade and or level ballast on railroad tracks and removal of ice/snow from tracks or switch boxes.
• Maintain compliance with all railroad rules and regulations under the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) for safe operations.
• Adhere to and promote safe work practices as determined by the railroad.
• Participate in group discussions that include crew meetings, job briefings, safety meeting and process reviews.
Qualifications & Experience
- -Can pass a background check
- -Reliable transportation to/from the job site.
- -Must pass drug test
- -Ability to repeatedly lift 50 lbs throughout shift.
- -Ability to perform a variety of maneuvers throughout shift.
- -OSHA 10 a significant plus but not required- Must pass a drug test
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.