Union, New Jersey
Temp to Perm
$23.00 - $26.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is looking to hire Journey level Finish Carpenters. Individuals Carpenters who can do retail finishes and millwork installation. Skills that are required are drywall, painting, trim, doors/hardware installations. If this position sounds like your dream job, we would love for you to apply!
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients
- Install mill work, structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
- Comfortable working with metal and wood framing and roof truss components
- Using hand or electric tools to fabricate, cut, and install framework
- Install base flooring and decking
- Apply paint to surfaces including canvas, walls, floors, doors, and cabinets.
- Mix, match, and apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes. Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting. Clean walls to ensure proper adherence.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10 years of finish/rough commercial carpentry experience
- Strong scheduling and blueprint reading skills as well as knowledge of metal stud/wood framing, material management, metal doors, hardware install, drywall, trim, cabinets/counter tops, suspended grid, tile install, etc.
- Reliable transportation to and from job sites
- Must have own tools for the job assigned
- Must be willing to travel anywhere in the on the Easts Coast, and work up and down on the east coast
- Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- OSHA 10 preferred – Peopleready will help you obtain the OSHA training
- Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds in order to load, unload wood other materials as well as carry needed tools and materials to and from the job site
- Must be able to and willing to work at heights of 60 ft off lifts for certain projects
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.