Union, New Jersey
Temp to Perm
$23.00 - $26.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is looking to hire Journey level Finish Carpenters. Individuals Carpenters who can do retail finishes and millwork installation. Skills that are required are drywall, painting, trim, doors/hardware installations. If this position sounds like your dream job, we would love for you to apply with the link above!. If this position sounds like your dream job, we would love for you to apply!
- Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients
- Install mill work, structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
- Comfortable working with metal and wood framing and roof truss components
- Using hand or electric tools to fabricate, cut, and install framework
- Install base flooring and decking
- Apply paint to surfaces including canvas, walls, floors, doors, and cabinets.
- Mix, match, and apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes. Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting. Clean walls to ensure proper adherence.
Qualifications & Experience
- 10 years of finish/rough commercial carpentry experience
- Strong scheduling and blueprint reading skills as well as knowledge of metal stud/wood framing, material management, metal doors, hardware install, drywall, trim, cabinets/counter tops, suspended grid, tile install, etc.
- Reliable transportation to and from job sites
- Must have own tools for the job assigned
- Must be willing to travel anywhere in the on the Easts Coast, and work up and down on the east coast
- Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- OSHA 10 preferred – Peopleready will help you obtain the OSHA training
- Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds in order to load, unload wood other materials as well as carry needed tools and materials to and from the job site
- Must be able to and willing to work at heights of 60 ft off lifts for certain projects
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.