QUEENS, New York
Temp to Perm
$45.00 - $50.00
Peopleready Skilled Trades is hiring a Master Electrician to lead an Electrical crew in Long Island immediately. The ideal candidate must fully manage, and execute the requirements of construction and maintenance services on site. In addition to maintaining responsibility of execution of electrical services, quality assurance, subcontractor performance, and construction costs.
•Installation, alteration and repair of wiring and appliances for electric light, heat and power in or on buildings or comparable facilities
•Know NYC/NYC Building codes, be able to pull permits and works closely with the public works electrical point of contact
•Devise approaches and resolutions to problems as it relates to electrical distribution, power generation when required etc.
•Oversees the planning, scheduling and distribution work/leads work efforts for system maintenance, repairs and upgrades, as necessary
• Oversee, assist or assign personnel to ensure work quality. Leads, guides, and/or trains electricians in applicable procedures and techniques.
• Assist management with personnel staffing, equipment and budget decisions. Maintain and coordinate with Materials Department to keep adequate level of spare parts and consumables to continue uninterrupted supply of electrical services to include power generation and HVAC services
• Must communicate effectively with client/customer and management; provide guidance electrical, power generation, and HVAC needs. Must have ability to perform site assessment/audits, generate timely and accurate reports
Qualifications & Experience
- • Master Electrician License
- • 5 to10 years of experience or more on commercial and residential sites as a Journeyman Electrician
- • In-depth knowledge of building codes and laws in NYC, NY State
- • Being able to meet the physical requirements of the job including, working in confined spaces, lifting heavy equipment and working at elevated heights
- • Knowing OSHA safety guidelines and practices ,ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and regulations
- • Must have OSHA 30, SST, 62hr Site Safety and other necessary requirements as job site location mandates
- • Must be able to perform diagnostic tests, diagnose problems and resolve issues that arise through the full range of maintenance and construction work
- • Familiarity with electrical schematics, blueprints, and manuals in order to apply appropriate codes to diagnose and repair electrical controls and motors
- • Have all of the tools of your trade on hand and be able to bring them to job site
- • References that will verify your professional skills and experience
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.