Grand Rapids, Michigan
Temp to Perm
$ - $25.00
1st and Four 2nd shift openings. 2nd shift is 4pm-3:30 AM
Have you been wondering about how you can put your metallurgy knowledge to practical use? Or looking for an outlet for your passion of melting metals? PeopleReady is looking for Journeyman Welders to lend their highly sought-after skills to our clients. As a Journeyman Welder, you will lead Apprentice Welders by using hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand-soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components. You’ll pick the materials to join or cut and arrange them in an appropriate configuration before following a specific design or blueprint to build the desired product. Sometimes a welder has to perform specific melting methods on materials like lead bars to complete a project. Welders are also in charge of making structural repairs and ensuring the integrity of the welding equipment. They also smooth and polish the metal surfaces once welded together. As this position annually generates more demand than supply, we can say without a hitch that we need your talents. Are you ready to lend them to us?
Pay is up to 25.00 Hr depending on Experience
Lifts, positions, and removes work pieces from conveyors and bunks to assist in fitting and welding. Able to lift 50 pounds.
• Measures and marks reference points using a tape measure for layout.
• Loads, stacks, and transports stock, tools, and work in process by hand or crane.
• Attaches chains and clamps (dogs) to work pieces to prepare work piece for moving by crane or jib.
• Cleans and grinds metal prior to fabricating, welding, painting, or shipping.
• Picks up and removes scrap from work areas.
• Cleans work area, machines, tools and equipment.
• Operates overhead cranes.
• Must be weld certified in carbon steel (MIG) & (SMAW) or able to become certified. Stainless steel & aluminum (TIG) skills a plus.
• The ability to read and understand blueprints.
• Motivated, detail oriented and the ability to perform as a team player required.
• Good reading and math skills required.
• Strong analytical skills, mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity are preferred.
• Able to read, write, and speak English.
• Communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Self starter who can work with minimal or little supervision.
Qualifications & Experience
- • Experience in the fabrication of structural steel, with specific experience in layout, welding and fabricating stainless steel, aluminum, and carbon steel.
- • Strong work history with at least 2-3 years of experience.
Other Jobs in Your Area
Seeking Skilled Construction LaborersGrand Rapids, Michigan
Grand Rapids Skilled WeldersGrand Rapids, Michigan
Skilled Construction LaborersGrand Rapids, Michigan
Roofing Service Technician-Grand RapidsGrand Rapids, Michigan
Hiring Solar ElectriciansGrand Rapids, Michigan
Hiring Apprentice and Journey level Carpenters-Grand RapidsGrand Rapids, Michigan
Form Tool/CNC Operator- Grand RapidsGrand Rapids, Michigan
Facility Maintenance- Grand RapidsGrand Rapids, Michigan
Hiring Licensed Electricians- Grand RapidsGrand Rapids, Michigan
Hiring Welders MIG/TIGGrand Rapids, Michigan
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.