East St. Louis, Illinois
$ - $40.00
Now hiring experienced HVAC Service Technicians in the East St. Louis area. This position is a full-time permanent position with competitive pay, company work truck and amazing benefits.
- Service, Repair, Maintenance and Installation of HVAC & Refrigeration equipment. Support is provided as needed; however, service technicians are expected to perform duties independently with minimal supervision needed. Technician will be expected to review each work order & perform any necessary tasks, troubleshooting, diagnosis, repair, maintenance or installation associated with resolving the service issue &/or fulfilling the scope of work.
- Access customer equipment safely with company provided ladders or lifts or on-site access.
- Use Company provided technology including Android tablet, cell phone & applications to provide job status, job site & equipment photos, work order notes & work scope performed as well as forms & reference resources.
- Participate in the on-call rotation to perform after hours service to clients. Technicians are on-call for 1 week at a time from Monday through Sunday. Frequency of rotation & scheduling is coordinated through your service manager.
- Possess OSHA 10-hour training certification. Technicians who do not have the OSHA 10-hour training will be required to complete the course. This training is conducted on a company provided computer & paid at the standard hourly wage.
- Use trade tools necessary to perform duties associated with assigned work.
- Obtain purchase orders &/or order parts & materials needed to perform work
- Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, other trade providers, contractors & suppliers via company provided phone & email & check phone & email during scheduled hours for timely response/reply to communications.
- Use customer portals, apps & call centers to check in & out of jobs.
- Professionally communicate, coordinate, plan & schedule work with Client on site personnel, other contractors/trades or suppliers.
- Perform duties responsibly & in accordance with company policies, industry best practices & safety guidelines.
- Seek advice, council or support when needed to ensure proper performance of duties.
- Responsibly care for company issued vehicle & materials & notify supervisor of any maintenance, repair or support needed.
- Other tasks consistent with the role of HVAC-R service technician.
Competitive pay between $20-$40 an hour depending on experience.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as a HVAC Service Technician in the commercial setting. Universal EPA certified. Must have tools of the trade. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to stand, bend, and kneel. Must be able to pass background check with MVR check and 10 panel drug screen. References to verify your professional skills and experience.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.