Temp to Perm
$28.00 - $32.00
Are you passionate about your career in HVAC? Do you want to be an unsung ally in households and businesses across the United States? PeopleReady is looking for dedicated HVAC Service Technicians & Installers at the journeyman level to be on our team. You will make sure others stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer by making, crafting, or servicing the heating and cooling equipment in buildings. A Journeyman HVAC Technician installs, operates, maintains, and repairs HVAC/R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration) systems, combustion equipment, and industrial air compressors. Workers will use mathematics and pattern layout development methods to build drawings to be used.
The continuous need to keep people comfortable, preserve infrastructure, and make structures energy-efficient has this profession growing faster than the average for all occupations. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 9 percent employment growth for this profession by 2026, which means 12,000 new jobs in this field. Do you have what it takes to be a part of this fast-growing profession?
- Assisting with loading and unloading tools and materials at the jobsite
- Using hand tools and benders to construct sheet metal components, cold boxes, and HVAC components
- Installing ridged and flex duct as well as ceiling and wall HVAC vents
- Checking refrigerants and other HVAC components with gauges and meters
- Installing, servicing, or repairing heating and air conditioning systems in residences or commercial establishments
- Testing pipe or tubing joints or connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution
- Testing electrical circuits or components for continuity, using electrical test equipment
- Repairing or replace defective equipment, components, or wiring
Qualifications & Experience
- -Five years of experience in residential and/or commercial HVAC work preferred
- -Reliable transportation to and from jobsites
- -Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- -OSHA 10 preferred – PeopleReady will help provide your OSHA training
- -Able to lift 50 pounds in order to load and unload metal and other materials as well as carry needed tools to and from the jobsite
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.