Kernersville, North Carolina
Temp to Perm
$18.00 - $25.00
Heavy Equipment Operator/Utility Operator – Pay Rate: $18-25/hr.
Opportunity with a great company for a temporary to permanent position!
- Responsible for coordination and direct installation of storm, sanitary sewer, waterlines, and any other necessary operational need to assist in the overall goals related to residential land development. Will be laying and setting various size Precast Cement Pipe, Precast Catch Basins and PVC Piping for waterlines.
- Operates heavy equipment (Excavator, Bulldozer, Off Road Truck, Smooth/Sheepsfoot Roller, Front End Loader) of various sizes and weights used in road, site, or highway construction and excavation.
- When not operating equipment will need to be willing to work with other team members on other tasks (Pipe laying and Installation, Silt Fencing Installation and Erosion Control)
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and provide required reports. Any defects or needed repairs should be reported to the shop foreman; cleans equipment.
- Maintain certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Participates in daily safety meetings.
- Daily reporting of time.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personal.
- Extensive travel in NC and potential for other travel.
- Flexibility of working hours and locations.
Qualifications & Experience
- • Knowledge and appreciation of heavy equipment safety and operation
- • Skilled in road construction and safe operation of front-end loaders, dozers, graders, excavators, etc.
- • Knowledge of equipment cleaning, maintenance, and storage procedures
- • Knowledge of basic first aid and safety procedures
- • Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks according to work schedule
- • Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- • Ability and willingness to communicate, follow directions and work well with others
- • Ability To enter and exist heavy machinery while maintaining three points of contact, awareness of surroundings and multi-limb coordination
- • Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry heavy objects (over 100 lbs.)
- • Ability to perform free of drugs and alcohol; including prescription drugs that may hinder the ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- • Must have Valid Drivers License
- • Must be able to pass Drug Screening and Background Check.
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.