Lead Carpenter/ForemanSPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts
$32.00 - $38.00
We are looking for a Journeyman Carpenter. The Journeyman Carpenter designation is an occupational title given to an individual who has successfully completed a formal apprenticeship program. In this role, you would supervise the activities of laborers, carpenter’s helpers, and apprentices to complete a variety of construction projects, which can include anything from kitchen cabinets to bridges. This is a hands on role, you will be working with your crew daily not just supervising them. Additionally this role is in an INDUSTRIAL setting.
For example, you would:
Insulate office buildings
Install drywall or kitchen cabinets in homes
Install the wooden concrete forms for cement footings or pillars
Erect shoring and scaffolding for buildings
You will use many different tools to cut and craft wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall. Carpenters commonly use hand tools, including squares, levels, and chisels, as well as many power tools, such as sanders, circular saws, nail guns, and welding machines. Carpenters fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and adhesives, and do a final check to ensure accuracy. They use a tape measure on nearly every project because proper measuring reduces waste and ensures that the pieces being cut are the proper size. If this position sounds like your dream job, we would love for you to apply with the link above!
- Working with metal and wood framing and roof truss components
- Using hand or electric tools to fabricate, cut, and install framework
- Reading and understanding blueprints and drawings
- Helping place and secure wood during the building process
- Being confident in framing, measuring, trim work, and finishing work
Qualifications & Experience
- Five years of commercial/industrial carpentry experience
- Strong scheduling and blueprint reading skills as well as knowledge of metal stud/wood framing, material management, metal doors, hardware install, drywall, trim, cabinets/counter tops, suspended grid, tile install, etc.
- Reliable transportation to and from jobsites
- Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division on the fly
- OSHA 10 preferred – PeopleReady will help provide your OSHA training
- Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds in order to load and unload wood and other materials as well as carry needed tools and materials to and from the jobsite
Other Jobs in Your Area
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.