El Cajon, CA 9202, California
Temp to Perm
$35.00 - $40.00
With very little or no supervision, will perform duties as assigned by management in the repair, maintenance and/or rebuilding of equipment in the service shop of field, in a safe, efficient and capable manner in the least amount of labor hours necessary, and without re-work. This position requires work to be completed within 110% of any Flat Rate times that are established as targets.
- Perform all requirements outlined in Grade Levels III and IV.
- Analyze all Caterpillar and allied product equipment systems and components for proper operation in arrangement application based on theory of design.
- Perform new and used equipment start-up for delivery to end-user.
- Conduct customer training in proper use of Caterpillar equipment.
- Perform Caterpillar updates as directed by Caterpillar, Inc
Qualifications & Experience
- Six (6) years experience in the repair of Caterpillar products.
- Expert working knowledge of hydraulics and power trains.
- Proficient in the repairs of electrical and electronic systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent or can provide verification of all formal classroom study or hands on experience related to heavy equipment repairs.
- Must be able to successfully obtain security clearance.
- Must have valid Driver’s License with a good record
- Shop Requirements: Valid Class “C” driver’s license.
- Field Requirements: Valid Class “B” driver’s license, if assigned vehicle is required.
- Furnish all hand tools required to repair, test and diagnose hydraulic, air, power train, electrical and electronic systems on Caterpillar equipment.
- NOTE: Some high dollar value tooling is supplied by Hawthorne.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. daily, frequent exertion. Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Handling: Seizes helps or works with hands.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone, and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and in vehicles.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Laying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
Other Jobs in Your Area
MACHINE SERVICE FIELD TECHNICIAN 3El Cajon, CA 9202, California
MACHINE SERVICE FIELD TECHNICIANEl Cajon, CA 9202, California
HVAC TECHNICIANEl Cajon, CA 9202, California
Journeyman HVAC Sheet Metal WorkerEl Cajon, CA 9202, California
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.