El Cajon, CA 9202, California
Temp to Perm
$25.00 - $36.00
As a Field Service Technician, you are responsible for providing high quality repairs on Caterpillar and allied equipment in the field. You will need to diagnose and troubleshoot engines, powertrains, electrical, and hydraulic systems; experience with cat diagnostic equipment, Cat repair tooling, rigging, and blocking equipment is essential. Due to multiple projects you will be assigned, this position requires planning and organization skills with a particular emphasis on controlling job costs. You will need to investigate, analyze, and identify the problem in order to make recommendations that eliminate the issue. Our technicians work with a variety of people, communication skills that include strong interpersonal skills, effective writing, basic computer skills, and ability to respond to the customer in a positive, caring, and timely manner is required.
- Analyze and diagnose equipment malfunctions.
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision
- Perform Caterpillar updates as directed by Caterpillar, Inc.
- Analyze all Caterpillar and allied product equipment systems and components for proper operation in arrangement application based on theory of design.
- Organize a job in a logical and economical sequence.
- Conduct customer training in proper use of Caterpillar equipment.
- Complete assigned jobs to meet flat rate times with minimal to no rework.
- Write service reports that accurately document diagnosis and repairs performed.
- Adheres to all company policies
- Follow contamination control and OSHA/MSHA rules and regulations.
- Guides/mentors/trains technicians with less expertise in the repairs of Caterpillar machines and systems.
- Performs other duties as directed by lead or field service sup
Qualifications & Experience
- General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, laptops, diagnostic software and cranes and rigging equipment.
- This position requires the ability to provide accurate information to lead/supervisor for quoting.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Will be certified prior to operating a forklift and a crane qualification test performed.
- Proven ability to work safely with a crane.
- Ability to work unsupervised efficiently, and be part of a team environment.
- Performs the position with pride in professionalism while following Hawthornes code of conduct.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer to have one of the following
- Five (5) years of experience in the repair of Caterpillar products.
- Successful completion of Level One Technician program
- Possess basic computer knowledge and ability to use service software required in position.
- Must be able to successfully obtain security clearance.
- Must have valid Driver’s License with a good record.
- Shop Requirements: Valid California Class “C” driver’s license.
- Field Requirements: Valid California Class “B” driver’s license, if assigned vehicle is required.
- Furnish all hand tools required to repair, test and diagnose hydraulic, air, power train, electrical and electronic systems on Caterpillar equipment.
- NOTE: Some high dollar value tooling is supplied by Hawthorne.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Other Jobs in Your Area
MACHINE SERVICE FIELD TECHNICIAN 3El Cajon, CA 9202, California
MACHINE SERVICE FIELD TECHNICIANEl Cajon, CA 9202, California
HVAC TECHNICIANEl Cajon, CA 9202, California
Journeyman HVAC Sheet Metal WorkerEl Cajon, CA 9202, California
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.