Fort Myers, Florida
Members of the maintenance team ensure that all mechanical systems and equipment are operational and properly maintained and all common areas are maintained in a clean aesthetically appealing and disinfected condition.
Routinely walks floors including roof checking for problems and lights out and reports back to supervisors.
• Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
• Maintains working relationship with building staff.
• Painting of all common areas and touch up may be required. Responsible to inspect areas that need paint and advice manager.
• Completes daily work orders as scheduled. • Maintains assigned equipment in good working condition.
• Properly performs casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy items as directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety procedures.
• Performs minor maintenance replacement and repairs in areas of carpentry, electrical work, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other building repairs through daily scheduled work orders.
• Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
• Performs maintenance replacement and repair in areas of carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other minor building repairs as long as a permit is not required to conduct the job.
• Must be able to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in building trades, repair and replacement maintenance or handy work.
- • Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- • Communication and interpersonal skills required. Special Requirements/Physical Demands:
- • The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • Ability to lift up to 50 lbs following appropriate safety procedures • Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time; be able to reach overhead; have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- • Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time, climbing stairs, navigating the property/building quickly and easily as required to meet the job functions
- • Climb ladders and work at heights above ground level (maximum 14 ft on A-frames and 21 ft on extension ladders)
- • Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity) • Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers
- • Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment up to 50 lbs occasionally to complete assigned job tasks
- • Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word • Maintain a valid Florida driver’s license
Other Jobs in Your Area
Journeyman PlumbersFort Myers, Florida
Journeyman ElectriciansFort Myers, Florida
Drywall Installer and FinisherFort Myers, Florida
Trim CarpenterFort Myers, Florida
Carpenter – MaintenanceFort Myers, Florida
Maintenance Tech for Naples FLFort Myers, Florida
HVAC Sheet Metal MechanicFort Myers, Florida
CarpenterFort Myers, Florida
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.