New Orleans, Louisiana
$24.00 - $30.00
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is seeking multiple experienced manual shop machinists for an excellent contract-to-permanent opportunity in Greater New Orleans area. Night-shift and day-shift opportunities may be available.
– Must be willing to work overtime offered.
– Pay $24-30/hr. depending on experience.
– Paid travel expenses assistance when traveling outside of area.
Please see the responsibilities and qualifications before applying.
Class A Shop Machinist:
- Interpret work orders, drawings, and instructions in order to set up and operate various machine tools to manufacture parts and repair machinery.
- Support machining, tooling and fabrication needs for the plant.
- Monitor safe work habits.
- Ability to read and understand complex blueprints.
- Set up and operate manual machines such as lathes, vertical & horizontal mills, drill presses, surface grinders, etc.
- Must be able to read calipers, depth micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Must be capable of machining critical tolerances in a safe and timely manner to best meet customer needs.
- Able to work nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
Steam turbine and/or valve machining experience preferred.
Qualifications & Experience
- - Minimum 5-years of experience as professional machinist required
- - Driver’s License/Background Check/Drug Screen Required
- - Tools of the trade required.
- - Willing to work overtime, day and evening shifts.
- - Valid Driver’s License, Background Check and Drug Screen Required
Other Jobs in Your Area
Journeyman Electricians- New OrleansNew Orleans, Louisiana
Plumber – New OrleansNew Orleans, Louisiana
Licensed Electrician – New OrleansNew Orleans, Louisiana
Commercial ElectricianNEW ORLEANS, Louisiana
Manual Machinist- CNCNew Orleans, Louisiana
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.