$18.00 - $22.00
Marine Painters are skilled in the craft of covering various vessel surfaces, both interior and exterior, with protective coatings using brushes, spray guns, and rollers. A Marine painter’s typical duties include: – Preparing the surface (by sanding, blasting, cleaning, etc.)
- Prepares wood, fiberglass, and metal surfaces for painting, and paints parts, equipment, interiors, and exteriors of ships, boats, and shipyard and marina buildings, using brushes, spray guns, and rollers: Mixes solvents according to formula, and immerses parts in solution or washes surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale, and dirt.
- Burns off old paint, using blowtorch.
- Fills cracks and holes with patching plaster, putty, or plastic wood.
- Washes and treats surfaces with oil, turpentine, and other preparations.
- Brushes and rubs filler material into grained wood to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Mixes and matches colors of paint, varnish, stain, shellac, and calcimine.
- Operates spray painting equipment or brushes or rolls paint on surfaces.
- Sands surfaces between coats and polishes final coat to specified finish.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must be SSPC certified in preservation in one of the following: (C7, C12, C13, or C14) or Coast Guard certified in pumping
- Must have good housekeeping skills
- Must know how to take care of hand tools: greasing and storage
- Must be able to perform their job safely
- Must have some knowledge about power tool cleaning, or pumping (gas free)
- Must know what P.P.E. to use and when
- Must have a basic knowledge of NAVSEA 009-06 standard item
- Must be able to navigate a ship and understand compartment designation
- Must know how to measure and record WFT readings
- Awareness of NAVSEA Standard Item 009-32 and the requirements
Other Jobs in Your Area
Marine ElectricianNorfolk, Virginia
Marine PipefitterNorfolk, Virginia
Production SchedulerNorfolk, Virginia
Marine Painter SSPCNORFOLK, Virginia
Rigger HelperNORFOLK, Virginia
Marine Pipe WelderNorfolk, Virginia
Painter and PowertoolerNorfolk, Virginia
Outside MachinistNorfolk, Virginia
PeopleReady Skilled Trades is a specialized division of PeopleReady, a TrueBlue company (NYSE: TBI). Since 1987, we have connected tradespeople and work across a wide range of trades, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, welding, solar installations and more. Whether you need a single tradesperson or require a coordinated effort to dispatch skilled workers across multiple projects, we ensure you have the right people with the right tools, on-site and on time.